Terry Trieu - Coach Terry has been teaching and coaching swimming for over 20 years and has served as the President of the Colorado Foundation for Physical Fitness, been on the Colorado Governor's Council for Physical Fitness, served on the Colorado Bicycle Advisory Board, and on the Board of Directors for the Mountain Hi Swim League. He is currently certified by the following:
- American Swimming Coaches Association
- USA Swimming
- American Red Cross in Lifeguarding/CPR/AED/First Aid
- U.S. Department of Homeland Security as a member of the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- F.E.M.A. for Incident Command
"Swimming is largely a sport focusing on individual achievements. Having said that, it is my belief it is possible to work with and improve the swimming of each individual while building the camaraderie of the team environment. It is gratifying to see team members cheering on their fellow teammates during competition, encouraging each other to do their best.""
-- Coach Terry
"You may read and write books on swimming, you may debate on its subtle theoretical aspects, but how will that help you if you refuse to enter the water yourself? You must learn how to swim."
-- Author Unknown
Please call or email for instruction locations and times.
- "Terry has been providing swimming lessons to our children, now ages 4 1/2 and 2 1/2, since May, 2011. He is a wonderful swimming instructor; we will stay with him indefinitely." -- Jeanne
- "Our 2012 season was even more spectacular. Nora, Thomas and Natalie improved tremendously under Terry's guidance and each placed in the top 8 swimmers in various individual events at this year's Championships." -- Sonji
- "Coach Terry is the expert who remains constant from year to year. Dam West is often complimented by other teams. He knows what he is doing and he does it very well. He devotes countless hours to our kids." -- Lynn